Introducing Super Hair Removal Technology SHR a revolutionary new method of permutated hair reduction.
SHR stands for super hair removal and it is a graduated heat. It heats up for around 40C degrees and you do 8-10 passes on the same area, where IPL is around 70C and is one single shot. So that is why SHR is safe to be performed on suntanned skin. it’s a step forward in permanent hair reduction. IPL SHR is the most advanced way of removing unwanted hair today.
SHR is faster than traditional IPL and Laser, it’s safer and its pain free in comparison.
- Patient Comfort Electrolysis and waxing in particular can be quite painful and patient acceptance for repeat procedures can be limited by this experience. SHR treatments are significantly more comfortable with no skin irritation.
- The SHR supports active cooling in the hand-pieces, which keeps the surface of the skin comfortable throughout the procedures.
- Based on the absorption of specific wavelengths of light energy which are transformed into heat below the surface of the skin, light based hair reduction compromises the body’s ability to re-grow hair in the treated area.
- Permanent and long-lasting results!
- Fast and Convenient Treatments – The large surface area covered by the specialized
- SHR hand-pieces enables fast and effective treatments.
- With no post-treatment discomfort, it’s easy to receive treatments at lunch and then return to the office that afternoon. A full set of legs could be treated in less than 1 hour, and treatments are effective without the requirement to have hair grow out before the treatment, meaning you can shave right up until your SHR session.
- No Gels, No Mess
- No more painless waxing , No more ingrown , lumps or bumps
- No more dangerous unworthy Laser treatments
Traditional laser or IPL technologies employ short impulses of approximately 2-300 milliseconds, applying a vast amount of energy (25-35 Joule on one square centimeter). Energy is transported to the hair root through melanin, where warmth of 65-72° Celsius is produced. Energy reaches the root of the hair follicle solely through melanin.
Skin and red blood cells have a similar absorption coefficient as melanin and therefore also absorb the high levels of energy produced by the laser and IPL methods. Lasers area single wavelength device, therefore lasers are suited more to specific hair and skin profiles. IPL being multiple wave length can treat the widest skin and hair types.
SHR technology, on the other hand, utilizes the melanin path only partially (50%), and combining In-Motion technology, gently warms the skin helping penetrate down to the follicles which produce hair growth. Conventional devices, not using SHR technology, merely transport energy along the melanin to the follicles. SHR gently transports the energy through the skin and through the melanin thehair follicles.
SHR is for all skin types why yiu may ask is Rather than exposing the hair follicle to a single high energy pulse which can cause trauma to skin with a high melanin count, SHR gradually heats the skin until the required heat energy is delivered to the hair follicle. This makes SHR the safest hair reduction option for dark skinned patients and most effective optionfor fair haired patients.
SHR IPL is suitable for all skin types, including blonde hair, dark skins including Asian, Islanders and very sensitive light skinned customers this is achievable because this machine will treat all skin colours 1 –5 plus of the technology and techniques utilized, unlike traditional Laser and IPL, SHR can be had all year round without having to hide from the sun.
The darker the colour the better light absorbs it, therefore light skin with dark hair responds most favorably to the treatments. In addition to targeting the melanin, SHR-technology affects the chromphore, a protein located in the follicle that is responsible for its color, enabling the successful treatment of dark skin removing achromous and blond fine hairs. SHR is not as limited as IPL and Laser in that is can also perform hair reduction to darker skin types.
Blonde and red will see results hey will see immediate results after 2 treatments but may need up t more treatments. SHR is designed to work better on fine hair and low pigmented hair than traditional IPL and Laser, however all hairs are different and skin tones change. Skin type 5 which is your dark skins including Asian and Islanders will get very good results in a short time.
Treatment course will vary from person to person. To fully treat the area, you may require 10 treatments at four week intervals. Blonde and red hair will need more due to hair having less pigment. 3 -4 weeks for treatments on face, and Four week regime is important to maintain so that the IPL SHR treatments get the hair at its four week re-growth. Near the end of the treatments 6-8 week intervals will be needed to finish off your course. Towards the end of the process, the interval between hair reduction treatments may be extended to 6-8 weeks as the re-growth cycles slow.
Early Anagen (early hair growth), Anagen (active hair growth), Catagen (regression) and Telogen (resting, not growing). Laser hair removal only affects the Anagen stage (actively growing hair). Therefore, approximately 20-25% of hair is reduced with each treatment. Several treatments are therefore required to fully treat the area.
We are interested in the Anagen Stage. The anagen, or growing phase, during which your hair grows. The catagen, or regression phase, during which your hair follicles shrink and detach from your skin. The telogen, or resting phase, during which new hair begins to grow under the older, detached hairs.
This is a very common question for new users of light therapy treatments.
Subsequent to administering a light based therapy treatment, the body requires time to shed the hair which had been thermally destroyed. It may take eight to ten days on some people and perhaps two to three weeks on others to fully shed the thermally damaged hair. Even though it appears as though hair continues to grow, it is actually the body shedding the hair entirely, over time the treated hair will grow out of the skin. This should not be mistaken for continued hair growth.
Once the hair follicle has been destroyed it cannot grow new hair.
However sometimes the odd hair germ cells manage to partially escape the laser during each treatment. Some of these follicles may be only stunned and will need to be retreated. It is also possible to have new hair growth triggered if you go through any hormonal changes such as starting or stopping contraceptive pills, pregnancy, menopause, changes in medications or long term stress.
In a simple phrase: ‘FAST AND EASY’.
The hand-piece utilized for the treatment covers larger body areas than alternative methods. Thus minimizing the time of the treatment, and the active cooling integrated within the hand-piece provides for additional comfort. The sensation is often referred to as a gentle warming with minimal to no sensation subsequent to the treatment.
Treatments are safe hair follicles are damaged not by a single pulse of high energy, but by repetitive short low energy pulses. These pulses minimize the risk of burning to the skin, as it is the heat build-up which raises the temperature of the dermis to the level needed for preventing hair growth. This makes SHR the safest hair reduction option for dark skinned patients and most effective option for fair haired patients.
The answer is NO, you should avoid using Self tanning products darken the surface of the skin (as does normal tanning – UV rays).When the surface of the skin darkens, it creates a competing target for the light energy of the laser – with the other competing target being the color in the hair. By darkening the surface of the skin, more laser energy will be absorbed at the skin’s surface rather than at the base (bulb) of the hair follicle, which is where we want the light energy to be absorbed to result a good treatment. When too much light energy is absorbed at the surface of the skin, it creates unwanted heat which can then cause blisters or burns.
We suggest that you take your practitioner’s advice and give it at least 4 to 6 weeks after you have used self tanners before getting any SHR IPL, laser or IPL hair removal. Avoid sun exposure in treatment areas is not recommended 4 – 6 weeks prior to the treatment without adequate sun protection. Do not expose the treated area to the sun for a minimum of two weeks prior to your next appointment. This also applies to spray tan applications and solariums.
- If you are Pregnant
- If you suffer from sensory disturbance or if you are taking light sensitive drugs. retinoids (Vitamin A)
- Treatment is not possible if you have recent sun exposure (within the last 2 weeks) and includes tanning salons and fake tans. Established tans however are acceptable
- Have active herpes or trauma to the skin in the area being treated
- If you are taking Hirudin or a similar treatment, you must stop using it 2 weeks before treatment.
- Serious diabetes
- Have taken Roaccutane in the last 6 months
- Have had any chemical peels or laser resurfacing in the area being treated within the last 6 months
- Have a history of abnormal/ keloid scarring
- Have electrical devices e.g., pacemakers or any metal in the body
- Tattoo’s in the area being treated
- Taking supplements and herbal teas (eg St. John’s wort, calendula), stop using 2-3 weeks before the treatment), post care and after care instructions will be given on consolation
NOTE : Clients require a full consolation Test Patch before commencing any SHR IPL treatments.
Post treatment care and after Care instructions will be given on consolation.
If you require a tidy up dry shave it will be $50 large areas, spot shave FREE.
Please come makeup Free if face is being treated.