Elaine Brennan Get Glowing Micro-peel
Get Glowing Micro-peel
A consultation will be needed prior this peel to make sure it’s suitable for you.
$179 per treatment
x3 $483.30 paid (10% off) must be paid in full up front
x6 $859 (20% off) must be paid in full up front
What is the Elaine Brennan Get Glowing Micro-peel?
The Get Glowing Micro-Peel is a treatment in which a cream is applied to the skin to encourage the exfoliation of dead skin cells and debris while stimulating the skin’s natural renewal process. The Get Glowing Micro-peel is tailored to fit your individual skin type and long-term goals. A consultation will be needed prior this peel to make sure it’s suitable for you.
What skin conditions can Get glowing Micro Peel treat?
Dark circles under the eye area
Acne & acne scarring
Anti aging – fine lines, wrinkles and aging skin
Stimulates collagen and elastin production
Sun damaged skin
Improves skin tone & poor quality skin
Facial redness / rosacea
Psoriasis & eczema
Comedones, oiliness, asphyxiated skin
What results will I see?
The Get Glowing Micro-peel is designed to refine skin texture damaged by environmental factors and skin conditions such as acne. The procedure assists in smoothing fine lines and evening out skin discoloration. It improves skin texture and reduces the appearance of acne scars and environmental damage to the skin. The Get Glowing Micro-Peel is a mild peeling which will lightly exfoliate the skin leaving it refreshed and soft. With each additional Micro-Peel procedure, you will notice incremental improvements in the overall appearance of the skin.
How many treatments do I need?
A single peel or a series of three will yield results that you may be happy with.
For maximum results, we recommend a series of Six Get Glowing Micro-Peel procedures in two to six week intervals, depending on the skin type and what we are trying to achieve.
Will I experience any downtime?
For approximately one week following the procedure, the skin will undergo a renewal process, lightly shedding its dead outer layer. Depending on your skin, you may or may not experience peeling. If peeling occurs, it usually begins four to five days following the treatment and lasts for approximately three days. In addition, you may experience mild itching, dryness and redness.
How long does the treatment take?
You will need to be in the treatment room for about 1 hour for the peel portion. Adding the peel to a facial or deep-cleansing service is also an option.
What are the actives in the Get Glowing Micro-Peel
The active ingredients are Resorcinol, Kojik Acid and Salicylic acid.
Resorcinol works by breaking down rough, scaly or hardened skin and is used to treat acne, eczema, psoriasis, seborrhea, photo aging, solar keratoses, epidermal atrophy and improves skin tone and unevenness.
- Kojik Acid works on melanocytes interfering with the production of melanin. It has excellent skin-lightening abilities and is classified as an antioxidant.
Salicylic Acid is used to treat skin conditions such as psoriasis, acne, oily skin, blackheads and whiteheads. It directly dissolves the keratin plugs to regulate the skins cells acting as an exfoliant. Salicylic acid improves collagen production and thickness of the skin. It has anti-inflammatory properties
- Pregnant or nursing women
- Herpes simplex/cold sores/ fever blisters or a history thereof unless taking an antiviral medication.
- Severe cold or flu symptoms
- Allergy to Resorcinol or Salicylic Acid (Aspirin)
- Open wounds or lesions
- Accutane for the past 6-12 months
- Sunburn, allergy, use of tanning bed
Cancer or patients using chemotherapy drugs, patients undergoing radiation and patients with an autoimmune disease.
- ANYONE allergic to Resorcinol or Salicylates (aspirin)
- “Sun Alert”: Because this product may make your skin more sensitive to the sun, be certain you have adequate sunscreen protection against UVA and UVB rays while using this product and for at least a month after you discontinue. This includes during cloudy days and during the winter months.
- SPF in your BB cream, foundation, or moisturizer may not be enough. (I have wonderful SPF available for purchase.)
- The use of this product is for trained professionals only.
- If you are unsure about your allergy issues, always check with a healthcare professional before applying skin care products.
- No depilatory creams or facial wax to be used 7 days prior to peeling.
- May cause stinging, peeling, flaking, irritation, pruritus, erythema and mild edema.
Do not pick or pull at the skin as it could create scabbing and scarring.
You do not always have to actually “peel” after a peel to see the benefits. The visible peeling is just a side effect. The actually “Peeling” is happening at the cellular level.
· If you are unsure about your allergy issues, always check with a health care professional before applying skin care products.
· No depilatory creams or facial wax to be used 7 days prior to peeling.
· May cause stinging, peeling, flaking, irritation, pruritus, erythema, and mild edema.
· Do not combine our peeling with other modalities such as derma blading, micro-dermabrasion and other abrasive mediums or other chemical peelings.
· You should not pick, scratch, or scrub at the skin which could predispose to infection.
· For best results, this peeling treatment should be performed in a series of 6 peels once a month.
Day after Get Glowing Micro-Peel Skin Care
- It is preferable not to cleanse or apply any creams to your skin until the morning after your peel. If you are going out this evening and need to apply makeup, you may do so, but you will need to cleanse your skin before bedtime.
- ·Apply sunscreen after your peeling application if you are going to be out and about in the sun for the rest of today. If not, apply nothing to the skin until tomorrow morning.
- The day following your peeling application- you may cleanse and apply makeup as usual. You may follow your normal skin care regiment. If extreme irritation occurs, discontinue any products containing actives until your skin heals. Benadryl may be taken if there is any swelling or extreme itching. You may also use some over the counter cortisone for a maximum of two days twice a day should there be any major irritation.
- You should not overcompensate with emollients even though the skin may seem dry. The object is to peel.
- You should always be vigilant with the application of a total sun block every day of the year. As with any peeling, should exposure to the sun occur post peeling, there is a chance of developing brown marks and unwanted pigmentation.
- Aftercare with tyrosinase inhibitors and SPF 50+ compliance is the upmost importance treating pigmentation or Melasma
frequently asked questions
Does it hurt?
The Micro Peel has a very mild tingling, for about the for first 15 to 20 minutes will settle down after that , so does not hurt.
What happens to my skin after the procedure?
For approximately one week following the procedure, the skin will undergo a renewal process, lightly shedding its dead outer layer. You may or may not experience peeling. If peeling occurs, it usually begins four to five days following the treatment and lasts for approximately three days. You may experience mild itching, tightness , dryness and redness.
Am I allowed to wear makeup after treatment?
Immediately after treatment you will do nothing, you will not wash your face until the next morning. You may wear makeup the next day. Do not over moisturize the skin as you want the skin to flake off. You must wear sunscreen daily and reply every 3 hours and protective hat.
Am I allowed to wear makeup after treatment?
Immediately after treatment you will do nothing, you will not wash your face until the next morning. You may wear makeup the next day. Do not over moisturize the skin as you want the skin to flake off. You must wear sunscreen daily and reply every 3 hours and wear a hat if going outside.
Do I need to stop using active ingredients in my skincare before treatment?
I will be able to answer any specific questions you have about your current regimen. You do not need to stop using actives in your skincare before the treatment. However, you must be off Accutane for 6 months.
How long will I peel for?
Every skin is different, on average 3 days